Are you passionate about high quality product development? That`s what we are doing at Unblu. And we want more awesome people to join us!
Unblu is a leading vendor for co-browsing and live collaboration solutions. We work in small, efficient teams where development, product management, marketing, design and delivery work closely together. Every Friday we have a developers breakfast to share knowledge. Our office is next door to the main railway station in Basel.
ABOUT OUR STACK:
We use java as the main language (converted to ECMAscript 6 / 5 for browser clients). We also use Kotlin c/c++ Swift or others. Our software is highly interactive and in many areas requires real-time processing. We use functional reactive programming both on server and on client side (RxJS / RxJava). We use Kafka and Zookeeper. We need to be very flexible to support both cloud and on premises installations. Our data layers need your expertise to scope with rapidly growing demands (large volumes, better analytics, still real time). We use Kubernetes, AWS, soon GCP, Docker, HTTP/2, Blink/CEF, grpc, Jenkins, Eclipse and lots of other cool stuff.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability and operational simplicity of the Unblu Suite
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party cloud services such as managed RDBMS, Storage, Compute and Networking services mainly on GCP and AWS.
- Solve operational issues and build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Create documentation, provide training material and coach operational and support teams on how to run the Unblu suite on-premises or in the cloud.
Help to run, maintain and improve the R&D infrastructure such as Jenkins, Jira, Sonar and other development and release management tools.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming experience preferably in Java
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell and/or Python
- Experience with deploying on cloud infrastructure as well as on premises
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code in one or more of the following tools: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or SaltStack
- Verbal and written skills in German a plus
- Knowledge of at least on cloud platform (AWS / GCP) and its basic services, its scripting and programming API as well as CLI and browser console tools
- Experience with software containerization with Docker, preferably in Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Container orchestration experience including logging (ELK, EFK, Stackdriver), metrics (Prometheus, Grafana, Alert Manager), on-premises and/or in GKE or EKS.
- Networking know-how (firewalls, DNS, basic routing and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP(S) and others)
- Linux knowledge on RHEL/Centos and/or Ubuntu
- Excellent analytics and problem solving skills
To successfully fill this position, we are looking for an enthusiastic candidate, who enjoys working in a team within a challenging, growing environment. You communicate openly and effectively with all groups, in particular with internal product management and your team members. You produce high quality work and results and you have the ability to adapt to new and changing demands and continuously seek improvements. You like to work in a fast growing company and you appreciate the opportunity to have complex and demanding tasks.